Skip to main content

Army Generals trial


      Journalists s were barred from covering the proceedings of the trial of two Major Generals being court-martialed in Abuja, Monday.

The Generals on trial are Major General Patrick Falola, former commander of 68 Nigerian Army reference hospital, Yaba, and Major General Ibrahim Sani, former Chief of Army Transportation and Innovation center.

The court martial was inaugurated at the Army Headquarters Garrison, Mogadishu Cantonment, Abuja on Thursday.


File: Members of a court martial
Deputy Director Information, Army Headquarters Garrison, Abuja, Colonel Ali Yusuf, said journalists were exempted from the trial so as not to jeopardize operations of the army adding that they will be briefed about the verdict of the trial in due course..

Recall that Thursday  last week, a Special Court Martial has as  President, Air Vice Marshal James Gbum, who is the Chief of Policy and Plans (COPP) at NAF headquarters, noted that the senior officers were to be tried pursuant to a convening order emanating from the office of the Chief of Army Staff and that the powers of the court is derived from the Armed Forces Act.

AVM Gbum listed other members of the Special Court Martial as Air Vice Marshal Iya Abdullahi, who is the Chief of Training and Operations at NAF headquarters, Rear Admiral Peter Agba, a former Chief of Naval Transformation, Rear Admiral Edwin Elechukwu and the Judge Advocate, Colonel Saeed Musa.

Navy Captain Chris Anushiem is the Defence Counsel for Major General Ibrahim Sani while Retired Wing Commander Enokela is the Defence Counsel for Major General Falola. Lieutenant Colonel Ukpe Ukpe is the prosecution witness for the Nigerian Army.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teen Victim Bites Off Rapist’s Manhood During Forced Sexual Act

A 17-year-old girl has inflicted serious damage on her victim’s penis, ensuring that he will never assault another girl in the same manner. According to reports, the victim fought her attacker as she forced him to perform oral sex on his erect manhood. In the process of defending herself, she sunk her teeth into his manhood, leaving him with serious injuries. The unidentified man reportedly took himself to the hospital for medial care, an act that got the doctoprs suspicious about how he got the injury. They immediately alerted the police about their suspicions, as they tried to provide remedy of what could be salvaged of his damaged manhood Police promptly visited the hospital where the attacker was arrested. He has since been charged with rape.

Real Madrid, Croatia Star Luka Modric Wins 2018 Ballon d'Or

Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric was awarded the 2018 Ballon d'Or on Monday, becoming the first player not named Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo to earn the honor since 2007.  Modric, 33, beat out Ronaldo and Antoine Griezmann, respectively, for the illustrious prize. Both Ronaldo and Messi had won it five times apiece over a 10-year run, and all three men were named to France Football's 30-player shortlist in October. Messi's fifth-place finish is his worst since 2006 and it comes despite leading Barcelona to La Liga and Copa del Rey titles. The midfielder adds the award to his list of others accolades received this year, including UEFA Best Player, FIFA Best Men's Player and the Golden Ball at the World Cup. Modric helped Real Madrid win its third straight Champions League title earlier this year before taking Croatia to its first World Cup appearance. Croatia's captain scored two goals, had one assist and led the tournament in minutes played...

Nigerian Army Intercepts 37 Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Terrorists

The Nigerian army said on Wednesday, that it had intercepted 37 people 37 people , who were suspected to be wives and children of the boko haram terrorists. The army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman, said in a statement that 30 of the escapees, which comprises of eight women and 22 children, were intercepted  on Tuesday at Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe. He said; “On preliminary interrogation, the suspects claimed to have escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ custody at Kafa and Abagajiri villages in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno,’’ The army spokesman added that seven other people were intercepted on Tuesday, at Kamunya, Yobe state. “They claimed that they escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ hideout at Goropcha village, Damboa Local Government Area of Borno. “Both sets of escapees are currently being screened and profiled,’’ he said.