Skip to main content

How DSS official was set ablaze in Delta


   Details have emerged on how a male school drop-out in his late 20s allegedly poured fuel on an official of the Department of State Services, DSS, and set him ablaze at Oghara, Delta State.

The victim, Andrew Maduku, 43, and father of four, is an indigene of Oghara attached to the DSS office, Bayelsa State and was said to have died as a result of 86 degree burns sustained from the attack.

Recounting how the incident occurred, brother to the victim, Felix Maduku, said: “My brother’s assailant doused him in fuel and set him on fire for scolding the suspect, who had pointed rays from a torch light on his (Andrew) face as he walked home.

“Refusing to put off the torch, my brother walked up to the suspect, and slapped him leading to a fight involving my brother and his assailant, who was accompanied by his friends.”

Speaking further, he said: “Like every law abiding citizen, my brother reported the matter at the Oghara police station and was accompanied by some policemen to the residence of  the suspect. On sighting the team of policemen, the suspect fled leading to the seizure of his laptop by the police.

“On April 24, the suspect, who had been stalking my late brother, poured fuel on him, and immediately set him ablaze leading to his death the next day as result of 86 degree burns sustained from the incident.”

Speaking on the matter, a police source at the Oghara police station disclosed that the suspect, who went into hiding after the incident, has since been arrested by the police and is currently undergoing interrogation at the State Criminal Investigation Department, Asaba.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teen Victim Bites Off Rapist’s Manhood During Forced Sexual Act

A 17-year-old girl has inflicted serious damage on her victim’s penis, ensuring that he will never assault another girl in the same manner. According to reports, the victim fought her attacker as she forced him to perform oral sex on his erect manhood. In the process of defending herself, she sunk her teeth into his manhood, leaving him with serious injuries. The unidentified man reportedly took himself to the hospital for medial care, an act that got the doctoprs suspicious about how he got the injury. They immediately alerted the police about their suspicions, as they tried to provide remedy of what could be salvaged of his damaged manhood Police promptly visited the hospital where the attacker was arrested. He has since been charged with rape.

Real Madrid, Croatia Star Luka Modric Wins 2018 Ballon d'Or

Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric was awarded the 2018 Ballon d'Or on Monday, becoming the first player not named Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo to earn the honor since 2007.  Modric, 33, beat out Ronaldo and Antoine Griezmann, respectively, for the illustrious prize. Both Ronaldo and Messi had won it five times apiece over a 10-year run, and all three men were named to France Football's 30-player shortlist in October. Messi's fifth-place finish is his worst since 2006 and it comes despite leading Barcelona to La Liga and Copa del Rey titles. The midfielder adds the award to his list of others accolades received this year, including UEFA Best Player, FIFA Best Men's Player and the Golden Ball at the World Cup. Modric helped Real Madrid win its third straight Champions League title earlier this year before taking Croatia to its first World Cup appearance. Croatia's captain scored two goals, had one assist and led the tournament in minutes played...

Nigerian Army Intercepts 37 Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Terrorists

The Nigerian army said on Wednesday, that it had intercepted 37 people 37 people , who were suspected to be wives and children of the boko haram terrorists. The army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman, said in a statement that 30 of the escapees, which comprises of eight women and 22 children, were intercepted  on Tuesday at Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe. He said; “On preliminary interrogation, the suspects claimed to have escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ custody at Kafa and Abagajiri villages in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno,’’ The army spokesman added that seven other people were intercepted on Tuesday, at Kamunya, Yobe state. “They claimed that they escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ hideout at Goropcha village, Damboa Local Government Area of Borno. “Both sets of escapees are currently being screened and profiled,’’ he said.