Skip to main content

I will do everything possible to keep Nigeria as one – Buhari





     President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed to do everything possible to keep Nigeria as one.

President Buhari who bore his mind at Emir’s Palace, Katsina during the beginning of his two day official visit to the state Monday, recalled with nostalgia colossal lives that were lost during the Nigerian civil war all in a bid to ensure our unity.

“I always say the civil war was fought for the unity of Nigeria because as at the time we have not even discovered oil let alone enjoying it, and we must not also forget that about two million people were killed”.

Buhari lamented that it was rather unfortunate that “recently, some people who were not even born then are saying they want to divide Nigeria”.

The President noted “with the way Sahara is advancing, with Boko Haram, growing number of people and uncertainty over rainfall, in a land where we fought civil war leading to the death of about two million, it would be foolhardy for someone to just say he would chase us away”.

Buhari further assured that his administration would do all that is within his powers to ensure the continuous existence of Nigeria as a peaceful and one united entity.

The President who admitted that he knows the difficulties Nigerians are passing through said government was doing everything possible to change the fortunes of the nation.

He appealed to Nigerians to go back to farm as it remains the viable option out of our current economic quagmire, as he futher added “those who don’t have should the necessary wherewithal should learn trade”.

Earlier in an his address, the Emir of Katsina, Abdulmumini Kabir accused the immediate past administration of Goodluck Jonathan for abandoning the contract for dredging of River Niger.

Emir Kabir noting that “inland water way is the wealth of the nation and these people don’t want it here”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teen Victim Bites Off Rapist’s Manhood During Forced Sexual Act

A 17-year-old girl has inflicted serious damage on her victim’s penis, ensuring that he will never assault another girl in the same manner. According to reports, the victim fought her attacker as she forced him to perform oral sex on his erect manhood. In the process of defending herself, she sunk her teeth into his manhood, leaving him with serious injuries. The unidentified man reportedly took himself to the hospital for medial care, an act that got the doctoprs suspicious about how he got the injury. They immediately alerted the police about their suspicions, as they tried to provide remedy of what could be salvaged of his damaged manhood Police promptly visited the hospital where the attacker was arrested. He has since been charged with rape.

Real Madrid, Croatia Star Luka Modric Wins 2018 Ballon d'Or

Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric was awarded the 2018 Ballon d'Or on Monday, becoming the first player not named Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo to earn the honor since 2007.  Modric, 33, beat out Ronaldo and Antoine Griezmann, respectively, for the illustrious prize. Both Ronaldo and Messi had won it five times apiece over a 10-year run, and all three men were named to France Football's 30-player shortlist in October. Messi's fifth-place finish is his worst since 2006 and it comes despite leading Barcelona to La Liga and Copa del Rey titles. The midfielder adds the award to his list of others accolades received this year, including UEFA Best Player, FIFA Best Men's Player and the Golden Ball at the World Cup. Modric helped Real Madrid win its third straight Champions League title earlier this year before taking Croatia to its first World Cup appearance. Croatia's captain scored two goals, had one assist and led the tournament in minutes played...

Nigerian Army Intercepts 37 Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Terrorists

The Nigerian army said on Wednesday, that it had intercepted 37 people 37 people , who were suspected to be wives and children of the boko haram terrorists. The army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman, said in a statement that 30 of the escapees, which comprises of eight women and 22 children, were intercepted  on Tuesday at Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe. He said; “On preliminary interrogation, the suspects claimed to have escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ custody at Kafa and Abagajiri villages in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno,’’ The army spokesman added that seven other people were intercepted on Tuesday, at Kamunya, Yobe state. “They claimed that they escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ hideout at Goropcha village, Damboa Local Government Area of Borno. “Both sets of escapees are currently being screened and profiled,’’ he said.