Skip to main content

"Recession Is Ordained By God", Says Sultan Of Sokoto.


Sultan of Sokoto Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III yesterday said the recession being experienced in the country and other parts of the world is ordained by God. “The only solution to this is for us to show piety and repent. It is ordained by God”, the President General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) said.

Sultan Abubakar spoke in Sokoto yesterday as activities for his 10th coronation anniversary commenced with the distribution of items.

ýItems worth N9 million were shared out to 270 widows, orphans and other indigent persons at a ceremony organised by the state Zakkat and Endowment Committee.

The monarch also admonished the adherents of Islam and Christianity to live their lives according to the dictates of their Holy Scriptures.

The Head of Nigerian Muslims, also urged for more proactive measures to prevent the frequent cases of kidnapping.

He called for more beneficial measures to be taken by governments at all levels, to cushion the suffering of Nigerians.

Governor Aminu WaziriTambuwal described as unprecedented the 10 years of Sultan Abubakar on the throne, noting that it had been “remarkable and historic.”

“He is an epitome of peace, unity and a bridge builder in Nigeria and beyond”, Tambuwal pointed out.
Emir of Kano Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II extolled the existing cordial relations between the Kano Emirate and the Sultanate Council of Sokoto.

Sanusi 11 described the Sultan as a father to all Nigerians, both Muslims and non-Muslims.

Sokoto State Zakkat and Endowment Committee Chairman, Alhaji Lawal Maidoki, listed the items distributed as 100 bags of rice, 50 grinding machines, 50 sewing machines, 50 freezers and 50 mattresses.

A special prayer session presided over by the Sarkin Malaman Sokoto, Sheikh Buhari Sirriddawaý for sustainable peace and unity in the state and Nigeria was conducted at the Sultan Bello Mosque in Sokoto.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teen Victim Bites Off Rapist’s Manhood During Forced Sexual Act

A 17-year-old girl has inflicted serious damage on her victim’s penis, ensuring that he will never assault another girl in the same manner. According to reports, the victim fought her attacker as she forced him to perform oral sex on his erect manhood. In the process of defending herself, she sunk her teeth into his manhood, leaving him with serious injuries. The unidentified man reportedly took himself to the hospital for medial care, an act that got the doctoprs suspicious about how he got the injury. They immediately alerted the police about their suspicions, as they tried to provide remedy of what could be salvaged of his damaged manhood Police promptly visited the hospital where the attacker was arrested. He has since been charged with rape.

Real Madrid, Croatia Star Luka Modric Wins 2018 Ballon d'Or

Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric was awarded the 2018 Ballon d'Or on Monday, becoming the first player not named Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo to earn the honor since 2007.  Modric, 33, beat out Ronaldo and Antoine Griezmann, respectively, for the illustrious prize. Both Ronaldo and Messi had won it five times apiece over a 10-year run, and all three men were named to France Football's 30-player shortlist in October. Messi's fifth-place finish is his worst since 2006 and it comes despite leading Barcelona to La Liga and Copa del Rey titles. The midfielder adds the award to his list of others accolades received this year, including UEFA Best Player, FIFA Best Men's Player and the Golden Ball at the World Cup. Modric helped Real Madrid win its third straight Champions League title earlier this year before taking Croatia to its first World Cup appearance. Croatia's captain scored two goals, had one assist and led the tournament in minutes played...

Nigerian Army Intercepts 37 Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Terrorists

The Nigerian army said on Wednesday, that it had intercepted 37 people 37 people , who were suspected to be wives and children of the boko haram terrorists. The army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman, said in a statement that 30 of the escapees, which comprises of eight women and 22 children, were intercepted  on Tuesday at Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe. He said; “On preliminary interrogation, the suspects claimed to have escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ custody at Kafa and Abagajiri villages in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno,’’ The army spokesman added that seven other people were intercepted on Tuesday, at Kamunya, Yobe state. “They claimed that they escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ hideout at Goropcha village, Damboa Local Government Area of Borno. “Both sets of escapees are currently being screened and profiled,’’ he said.