Skip to main content

British Member of Parliament is banned from the Prime Minister's residence after criticising her expensive leather trousers



Nicky Morgan who represents Loughborough constituency in the British parliament drew the ire of political bigwigs when she publicly criticised the Prime Minister, Theresa May for wearing £995 leather trousers. She was banned from attending a meeting at the Prime Minister's official residence by Mrs May's joint chief of staff Fiona Hill.


It all began when Morgan and and fellow MP Alistair Burt met Hill at Downing Street and were subsequently invited to table their cases before the Prime Minister herself at a later date.

The 'Trousergate' row as it has come to be known kicked off in earnest  when Ms Morgan said: 'My barometer is always, 'How am I going to explain this in Loughborough market?',' adding that Mrs May's trousers had 'been noticed and discussed' in party circles. She added: 'I've never spent that much on anything – apart from my wedding dress.'

This ticked off Ms Hill who fired off a curt text to Alistair Burt telling him: 'Don't bring that woman to Downing Street again'. Ms Morgan was infuriated that rather than issue the rebuke directly, Ms Hill went through a man. The Loughborough MP replied with an equally sharp text asserting her independence as a woman and MP who doesn't need to hang onto a man's arm to see the Prime Minister.  

Three days later, No 10 Downing Street told Morgan formally her name had been axed from the list of MPs invited to see May on at the scheduled date. Aside the bizarre trousergate row, one can see from the infographic below that Theresa May does have a rather expensive fashion taste.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teen Victim Bites Off Rapist’s Manhood During Forced Sexual Act

A 17-year-old girl has inflicted serious damage on her victim’s penis, ensuring that he will never assault another girl in the same manner. According to reports, the victim fought her attacker as she forced him to perform oral sex on his erect manhood. In the process of defending herself, she sunk her teeth into his manhood, leaving him with serious injuries. The unidentified man reportedly took himself to the hospital for medial care, an act that got the doctoprs suspicious about how he got the injury. They immediately alerted the police about their suspicions, as they tried to provide remedy of what could be salvaged of his damaged manhood Police promptly visited the hospital where the attacker was arrested. He has since been charged with rape.

Real Madrid, Croatia Star Luka Modric Wins 2018 Ballon d'Or

Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric was awarded the 2018 Ballon d'Or on Monday, becoming the first player not named Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo to earn the honor since 2007.  Modric, 33, beat out Ronaldo and Antoine Griezmann, respectively, for the illustrious prize. Both Ronaldo and Messi had won it five times apiece over a 10-year run, and all three men were named to France Football's 30-player shortlist in October. Messi's fifth-place finish is his worst since 2006 and it comes despite leading Barcelona to La Liga and Copa del Rey titles. The midfielder adds the award to his list of others accolades received this year, including UEFA Best Player, FIFA Best Men's Player and the Golden Ball at the World Cup. Modric helped Real Madrid win its third straight Champions League title earlier this year before taking Croatia to its first World Cup appearance. Croatia's captain scored two goals, had one assist and led the tournament in minutes played...

Nigerian Army Intercepts 37 Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Terrorists

The Nigerian army said on Wednesday, that it had intercepted 37 people 37 people , who were suspected to be wives and children of the boko haram terrorists. The army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman, said in a statement that 30 of the escapees, which comprises of eight women and 22 children, were intercepted  on Tuesday at Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe. He said; “On preliminary interrogation, the suspects claimed to have escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ custody at Kafa and Abagajiri villages in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno,’’ The army spokesman added that seven other people were intercepted on Tuesday, at Kamunya, Yobe state. “They claimed that they escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ hideout at Goropcha village, Damboa Local Government Area of Borno. “Both sets of escapees are currently being screened and profiled,’’ he said.