Skip to main content

Check out this amazing five generations Nigerian family photo


Elophoto studio posted this photo of four generation....his grandmother-in law, mother-in law, his wife and daughter. What he wrote after the cut...


"Last week I took it upon myself to visit my wife’s grandmother in a village in Edo State. It has been over 10 years since I saw her and I had a feeling she might not be around for as long as we think. At 92, you could literally say she’s seen her share of what life has to offer especially when she has witnessed 4 generations of life. It was a 25-hours roundtrip roadtrip that was worth every minute of it. I wanted to document the lineage of the one I considered to have been priviledged to call wife for over 10 years. I would eventually take the following conceptual picture of my grandma-inlaw, my mother-inlaw, my wife, and my daughter. I wanted to document the family in a way that was different from the family portraits I had taken in the past. Looking at the picture, I eventually got more insights to life than I had envisaged.
Life is indeed beautiful regardless of the trials one has been through. When I look at the picture I see a woman in her 90s who had experienced 4 miscarriages before giving birth to my mother inlaw. I see a woman in her 60s who has lost her husband and is the definition of a strong and virtuous woman. I see a woman in her 30s whose relationship with me can be likened to the undeserved grace God extended towards the Gentiles: I didn’t deserve her but God favored me. I see a woman in her 3s (if there’s something like that, or what will I call a 3.5 years old girl) whose confidence, beauty and intelligence still manages to amuse me every day. What do you see when you look at this portrait of 4 generations?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teen Victim Bites Off Rapist’s Manhood During Forced Sexual Act

A 17-year-old girl has inflicted serious damage on her victim’s penis, ensuring that he will never assault another girl in the same manner. According to reports, the victim fought her attacker as she forced him to perform oral sex on his erect manhood. In the process of defending herself, she sunk her teeth into his manhood, leaving him with serious injuries. The unidentified man reportedly took himself to the hospital for medial care, an act that got the doctoprs suspicious about how he got the injury. They immediately alerted the police about their suspicions, as they tried to provide remedy of what could be salvaged of his damaged manhood Police promptly visited the hospital where the attacker was arrested. He has since been charged with rape.

Nigerian Army Intercepts 37 Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Terrorists

The Nigerian army said on Wednesday, that it had intercepted 37 people 37 people , who were suspected to be wives and children of the boko haram terrorists. The army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman, said in a statement that 30 of the escapees, which comprises of eight women and 22 children, were intercepted  on Tuesday at Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe. He said; “On preliminary interrogation, the suspects claimed to have escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ custody at Kafa and Abagajiri villages in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno,’’ The army spokesman added that seven other people were intercepted on Tuesday, at Kamunya, Yobe state. “They claimed that they escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ hideout at Goropcha village, Damboa Local Government Area of Borno. “Both sets of escapees are currently being screened and profiled,’’ he said.

The son of the Caliphate star, Yakubu Mohammed known as Dikko Loko releases end of the year pictures

The controversial ‘Dikko Loko’ is a famous character to viewers of Ebonylife Tv series; ‘The Sons Of the Caliphate’ which is produced by Mo Abudu. This contentious role is played by Nollywood Star Actor “Yakubu Mohammed” who has been able to wow the audience by doing justice to the character he played in this series. Yakubu Mohammed has become a household name and asides his good looks he isn’t one to go unnoticeable as he is a well-known Talented Nollywood actor, Singer, Model and also Globacom Ambassador. To end the year and usher fans into 2017, Yakubu has released sizzling pictures and has this to say  “As the year 2016 ends and as you walk into 2017, remember the road to getting to the Promised Land is not guaranteed to be smooth. Be ready to find stumbling blocks along the way but do not quit or despair, keep forging ahead through sheer willpower and determination” More photos below...