Skip to main content

Polytechnic Graduate Reveals He Went into Robbery to ‘Prepare’ for His Baby’s Arrival


A 22 year old graduate of Kwara Polytechnic, who was arrested during a robbery operation at a Lotto company in Ajagbadi area of Lagos, yesterday burst into tears after he was told that his pregnant wife has put to bed.

The suspect, Saidi Ayemojuba confessed that he joined a robbery gang due to frustration.
He stated that he went for the operation at lotto company with the hope of using its proceed to prepare for his baby’s arrival, after which he would quit robbery.

He narrated that he started his robbery journey with a gang which specialised in attacking passengers who were leaving early for their respective places of work, four years ago.
Narrating his gang’s modus oparandi, Ayemojuba whose operational name is Aleeba, meaning I can’t be caught in Yoruba dialect, said at times, members of his gang would mount a motorbike , only to snatch it from its rider, half away into the journey .
Then the motorbike would be sold at give away price to ready buyers with the proceeds shared among those that partook in the operation.
At other times, he said that members of the gang would position themselves at Cassidy bus-stop along Mile 2/Badagry expressway as early as 4.30am, pretending to be passengers.
They would board a commercial bus, only to order the driver to stop half way , where innocent passengers would be dispossessed of their valuables.
Journey to prison
However, he was caught during one of the operations at Iyana Sashi about three years ago, after his gang members attempted to snatch a woman’s bag.
Ayemojuba was arrested and charged to court , from where he was sent to prison.
Vanguard reports that he served his time in prison after which he joined another robbery gang whose leader he met in prison.
According to Ayemojuba
“ I decided to quit robbery when I came back from prison. But I could not find any good job even with my certificate.
One day, I got a call from an inmate I met while in prison.
He told me there was a job he would like me to execute. I met with other members of the gang . One of the members of a worker at a Lotto company at Ajagbadi, who told us that they usually left money. We stormed the place at about 1pm . I stood at a vantage position, where I was given a bag containing the money. But one of the ladies in the company ran out and raised the alarm which led to my arrest.
Others managed to escaped. I was beaten until I passed out, only to find myself at the police station. One regret I have is not to have welcomed my new baby to the world. I don’t know what they would tell her. I thought of using the lotto money to prepare for her arrival, after which I intended to quit robbery finally.
I am naturally not a bad boy because anytime I came back from operation, a gush of guilt will overwhelm me. I went into this out of frustration. No job, even after having my HND”
The suspect who was paraded alongside other suspects at the Lagos State Police Command headquarters, Ikeja.
Lagos state command’s boss, Fatai Owoseni said that the suspects would be charged to court, warning criminals to leave Lagos state or have same fate befall them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teen Victim Bites Off Rapist’s Manhood During Forced Sexual Act

A 17-year-old girl has inflicted serious damage on her victim’s penis, ensuring that he will never assault another girl in the same manner. According to reports, the victim fought her attacker as she forced him to perform oral sex on his erect manhood. In the process of defending herself, she sunk her teeth into his manhood, leaving him with serious injuries. The unidentified man reportedly took himself to the hospital for medial care, an act that got the doctoprs suspicious about how he got the injury. They immediately alerted the police about their suspicions, as they tried to provide remedy of what could be salvaged of his damaged manhood Police promptly visited the hospital where the attacker was arrested. He has since been charged with rape.

The son of the Caliphate star, Yakubu Mohammed known as Dikko Loko releases end of the year pictures

The controversial ‘Dikko Loko’ is a famous character to viewers of Ebonylife Tv series; ‘The Sons Of the Caliphate’ which is produced by Mo Abudu. This contentious role is played by Nollywood Star Actor “Yakubu Mohammed” who has been able to wow the audience by doing justice to the character he played in this series. Yakubu Mohammed has become a household name and asides his good looks he isn’t one to go unnoticeable as he is a well-known Talented Nollywood actor, Singer, Model and also Globacom Ambassador. To end the year and usher fans into 2017, Yakubu has released sizzling pictures and has this to say  “As the year 2016 ends and as you walk into 2017, remember the road to getting to the Promised Land is not guaranteed to be smooth. Be ready to find stumbling blocks along the way but do not quit or despair, keep forging ahead through sheer willpower and determination” More photos below...

Nigerian Army Intercepts 37 Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Terrorists

The Nigerian army said on Wednesday, that it had intercepted 37 people 37 people , who were suspected to be wives and children of the boko haram terrorists. The army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman, said in a statement that 30 of the escapees, which comprises of eight women and 22 children, were intercepted  on Tuesday at Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe. He said; “On preliminary interrogation, the suspects claimed to have escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ custody at Kafa and Abagajiri villages in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno,’’ The army spokesman added that seven other people were intercepted on Tuesday, at Kamunya, Yobe state. “They claimed that they escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ hideout at Goropcha village, Damboa Local Government Area of Borno. “Both sets of escapees are currently being screened and profiled,’’ he said.