Skip to main content

Acting President Osinbajo Orders Release Of N1.6BN Loan For Women (Read)

The Federal Government has authorized the release of N1.6 billion for the National Women’s Empowerment Fund.
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo said this Wednesday on the occasion of the 2017 International Women’s Day.
Osinbajo said the present administration was committed to protecting all women from all forms of gender-based violence, especially those living “where the security situation is difficult and living conditions are challenging.”
The acting president assured that the Federal Government was determined to ensure that Nigerian women lived to fulfill their aspirations in a peaceful and prosperous country.
“On International Women’s Day, I would like to, on behalf of the President, government and people of Nigeria, recognise and appreciate the very valuable work done, and role played by women in our country, over the years, since the struggle for independence,” he stated.
Osinbajo noted that though Nigeria had made some progress over the years in creating opportunities for women and girl, more ground remains uncovered.
“We must strive to use our laws, cultural and religious institutions as well as our resources to empower women, give them opportunity, and protect their rights to a safe, healthy, stable life in our country.”
Osinbajo said the government acknowledged and valued the contributions women were making to national development, affirming that
“They do this daily working within and outside the home as well as in public life. Indeed they sometimes are the sole providers for their families.
“This administration also established, as part of its Social Investment Programme, the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP) which provides interest-free soft loans to artisans and traders.
“At the moment, 60% of beneficiaries under the GEEP programme are women,” he added.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teen Victim Bites Off Rapist’s Manhood During Forced Sexual Act

A 17-year-old girl has inflicted serious damage on her victim’s penis, ensuring that he will never assault another girl in the same manner. According to reports, the victim fought her attacker as she forced him to perform oral sex on his erect manhood. In the process of defending herself, she sunk her teeth into his manhood, leaving him with serious injuries. The unidentified man reportedly took himself to the hospital for medial care, an act that got the doctoprs suspicious about how he got the injury. They immediately alerted the police about their suspicions, as they tried to provide remedy of what could be salvaged of his damaged manhood Police promptly visited the hospital where the attacker was arrested. He has since been charged with rape.

Real Madrid, Croatia Star Luka Modric Wins 2018 Ballon d'Or

Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric was awarded the 2018 Ballon d'Or on Monday, becoming the first player not named Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo to earn the honor since 2007.  Modric, 33, beat out Ronaldo and Antoine Griezmann, respectively, for the illustrious prize. Both Ronaldo and Messi had won it five times apiece over a 10-year run, and all three men were named to France Football's 30-player shortlist in October. Messi's fifth-place finish is his worst since 2006 and it comes despite leading Barcelona to La Liga and Copa del Rey titles. The midfielder adds the award to his list of others accolades received this year, including UEFA Best Player, FIFA Best Men's Player and the Golden Ball at the World Cup. Modric helped Real Madrid win its third straight Champions League title earlier this year before taking Croatia to its first World Cup appearance. Croatia's captain scored two goals, had one assist and led the tournament in minutes played...

Nigerian Army Intercepts 37 Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Terrorists

The Nigerian army said on Wednesday, that it had intercepted 37 people 37 people , who were suspected to be wives and children of the boko haram terrorists. The army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman, said in a statement that 30 of the escapees, which comprises of eight women and 22 children, were intercepted  on Tuesday at Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe. He said; “On preliminary interrogation, the suspects claimed to have escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ custody at Kafa and Abagajiri villages in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno,’’ The army spokesman added that seven other people were intercepted on Tuesday, at Kamunya, Yobe state. “They claimed that they escaped from Boko Haram terrorists’ hideout at Goropcha village, Damboa Local Government Area of Borno. “Both sets of escapees are currently being screened and profiled,’’ he said.